Saturday, March 7, 2009

Embarassing Moment


Okay today had a very bad moment. Mom and I had to attend a leadership meeting at church. The day has been rainy and thunderstorms. I am sitting in meeting when I think I am hearing sirens go off. I ask the lady next to me "do you hear something?" She thought she had. I tell her I am going to check on it. So mind you I get up from the front row of about 35 people, and go to the outside doors of the church. Sure enough the sirens are going off. I proceed to return to the classroom swing open the door and announce that we need to evacuate to designated tornado shelter. For everyone to line up single file and follow me. No one is moving. Then someone in the room pipes up and says "You are not from around here." Everyone starts to laugh. Apparently the first saturday of the month at 10:00 they check the sirens. I quietly returned to my seat and said nothing the rest of the meeting.

5 comments:

Shawn and Tori said...

At least now everyone knows who you are! And I am so buying you a whistle!!

Tonia said...

That is hilarious...I am laughing my butt off!

Anonymous said...

I totally would have been right with you sprinting for the shelter!

Emilie Johnson said...

LOL!!! Too funny! I miss you guys!!!

April V said...

Nice Trish.. I would have been laughing at you!!!